Relieve customer frustration by keeping them informed
- Give them an estimate of the time they will have to wait
- Give them an understanding of why there is a delay
- Keep in touch with them during the waiting period
- Consider the feelings of telephone customers who have to wait:
- Must they listen to music?
- Give them silence to get on with other work
- Tell them where they are in the queue
- Give them the choice to leave a message which will be answered within a given time.
Above all – get back to people and let them know what’s happening.